Our World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Fall In... Too Late

2 posters

Go down

Don't Fall In... Too Late Empty Don't Fall In... Too Late

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Don't Fall In... Too Late 349px-10

For Arianna and Katherine, they grew up on in a small town with a huge secret.

Mermaids exist.

Mermaids aren't a fairy tale character with red flowing hair and dream of being human. Instead they are flesh eating, heart stealing, huge fish. Well according to the Nile Legend they are. Everyone in the small town of Nile knows the dangers of the waters at night. They even created rules.

• Never swim in the water when it is nighttime.

• Never swim alone.

• Never go into the cave under water.

• Do not under any circumstances go in the water on a full moon

The girls didn't listen to them. There is a reason for the rules and soon they will find out the consequences.

Name: Arianna Wells
Bio: Ari absolutely hates the water. She believes it's cursed and to those who step foot in it are cursed too. Well except for her sister Katherine. Katy means everything to her and is always there for her whenever she may need help. Ari is always honest with Katy since there just isn't a thing she can’t tell her older sister. When she’s not with her sister she’s in her baby, a baby blue convertible.
Looks: Mermaid with blonde hair

Name: Katherine Wells
Bio: Loves being in the water, and swimming around. Can tolerate being on land, but only because she loves to be on her motorcycle. It feels like flying. She's been with Arianna Wells since birth, and watched her grow up, as she's the older sister. She calls her younger sister Ari, and she's been Katy since Ari learned to talk. Katy loves to be a mermaid. She loves being underwater with the fish, and watching that world, a world hidden from most eyes.
Looks: Mermaid with Red hair.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

https://ourworld2create.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Don't Fall In... Too Late Empty Re: Don't Fall In... Too Late

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Katy looked out across the water. The ocean looked beautiful as the sun set. She wanted so badly to just take a swim. But, her fish friends weren't there tonight, and neither were her parents. She knew she wasn't supposed to swim alone, but it couldn't hurt. She'd done it before, and until Ari learned what she was, who she was, on her 15th birthday, the day after her Katy's 16th, she really wasn't supposed to swim at all. But really, it couldn't be that bad. Maybe, if she just...

"Katy! Don't get into the water, you know the rules!" Her dad stood on the deck of their houseboat, watching to make sure Katy didn't break any of the rules.
"Yes, Dad." Katy sighed. Well, it couldn't hurt to wait, she supposed. Ari turned fifteen in just a couple more weeks. She walked back up to the road.
"Would you run to the store, and grab some milk? We're just about out." Her Dad called from behind her.
"Sure! I'll be back in a little bit." Katy ran up to the road, and hopped on her motorcycle. She kicked it into gear, and grinned at the sound of the engine, purring like a kitten, with all the work she put into it. She revved it a few times, just because, even in a small town, they were secluded, and no one was around to listen. She looked up just in time to see Ari waving good-bye from the deck.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm

(fish friends XD I'm sorry it sounds silly. But, I'll have fish friends too XD)

Ari waved to her sister before going quickly inside. She didn't want to have to look at the water at all tonight. There was a creepy feeling coming from it that she just wanted to avoid at all costs.

Inside the Well's cozy home was their mother sitting in her chair humming softly while knitting a blanket. Ari smiled at the sight before going to her room to listen to the radio. She hoped her sister would get her something from the store. Everyday she always manged to surprise her.

"Arianna! Do the dishes!" Her father called out above the nosie.

Ari sighed and turned the music down and headed into the kitchen to do the dishes. That was her least favorite chore but, she had to do it or suffer the consequences of not doing her chores.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Katy walked through the grocery store. She had the milk, but she didn't really want to go home. Not yet. She knew Ari had chores to do, and Katy knew she hated chores. She wandered up and down the aisles looking, looking.... Perfect. Ari would love it. She loved the little things. She picked up the wind chimes and added them to her basket. She smiled, and waited in the checkout line.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Ari scrubbed the dishes quickly as possible to try and avoid the wrinkly fingers. However, when she finished her fingers looks like prunes. But, she finished her chores that means she could go back to her radio. Ari was starting to go back for her room when her mother called her over.

"Ari, would you come here please." Her mother asked politely.

Without objection Ari went over to her mother,"Did you need something mother?" Ari tilted her head questionably. Her mother rarely called her over and when she did she meant important business.

"Do me a favor and make sure our boat of tied securely to our dock."

Arianna nodded and left to head for the dock without another word to her mother. Below her feet water splashed loudly against the aged wood. Each wave sounded louder then the last, it's almost as if the water was trying to get her attention.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Katy pulled up to the dock, to see Ari watching the water at her feet, splashing up against the dock. She looked hypnotized. Katy smiled. She knew the feeling.
"Ari!" She called, "Come help me bring the groceries in." Ari's head snapped up.
"Uhhh, yeah, sure, I'm coming."
Katy handed Ari the bag with the wind chimes. Ari looked at Katy and bit her lip. Katy grinned.
"Yes, it's for you. Of course." Ari gave her sister a big hug, and ran inside. Katy shook her head, and followed after her. She stopped to look down at the water. Just a couple of weeks, and she could take Ari in the water with her....
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Ari threw the bag off the wind chimes and hurried into her room to hang up the chimes. The way it twirled it made it look as if the waves were moving. She wasn't one for loving to be in water but the chime was a really beautiful piece. The chimes collided together to make a soothing noise.

"Katy! Come here! I want you to see what it looks like all hung up!" She called out to her sister as she shoved her dirty clothes under her bed. This was one chore she didn't quite finish yet but would get to it soon. Well, actually whenever she ran out of clothes and looking from her closest it would be awhile till that happened.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm

"Oh Katy, aren't they beautiful?" Ari asked, when Katy walked in. The waves hung around the chimes, and the way they sparkled reminded her of the waves outside. She could still see the half concealed dirty clothes under Ari's bed. That would change. Mom couldn't stand that. They sat on Ari's bed and talked for a while. Katy missed the talks like this.
"Hey, anyone hungry? Dinner's on!l" called their dad.
Katy glanced at the calendar on the way out of the room. Fourteen days.....
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 pm

"Yes!" Ari exclaimed and hurried out of her room to the kitchen. Dinner cooked by dad was always the best. But, she was stopped short when her mother stepped in front of the entry way to the kitchen.

"You didn't check the boat, did you Arianna?" Their mother raised the eye brow at her.

Oh shit. I forgot. Ari rubbed her arm nervously waiting for her mother to tell her off. She knew when her mother used her full first name she was in trouble. Still, her mother said nothing. She must be waiting for a reply or action.

"I'm really sorry mom! I'll do it right now." She told her mother and hurried outside once again. Don't forget this time. She repeated to herself.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Katy knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help it. She knew it was night time, and she was alone, two big rules, but it was starting to almost physically hurt, now. She walked out on the top deck, and stood up on the railing. She turned, and dropped off the railing into the water below. She shivered, as she felt her legs form together, an her feet form her tail. The water felt so good against her skin. She could feel her lungs starting to miss the air. She waited as long as she could, then breathed in while underwater. It always exhilarated her to feel the water full her lungs with fresh air.
It was so different at night. The water was darker, more mysterious, more exciting. She swam farther out, enjoying the feeling of the water, so cool around her. Suddenly, she saw a shadow. She whipped around, but there was nothing there. She saw something again, out of the corner of her eye. Suddenly, she felt restricted.
She started to panic, seeing shadows everywhere. She swam quickly back to the boat, and hauled herself up the ladder, feeling her legs separate again, and she immedietly dried off. She plopped on the deck, breathing hard.
"Katy? It's dinner time." Her dad was behind her.
"Yeah, I'm coming." Katy shot one last look at the water behind her, and followed her dad inside.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Ari looked at Katy suspiciously the end of her pony tail was wet. Then went to check the the rope and make a secure knot in the pole. "There. The boat shouldn't drift now." Just as she turned she heard a children's laughter. Ari turned again to see a two little girl at the end of the dock jump in the water. "NO!" She screamed and ran for them. But, as soon as she reached the end of the dock, the water looked as calm as it was before the two little girls jumped in. Ari rubbed her eyes to see if they were being played with. The two little girls had disappeared. Ari suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. All she could think about was those two girls... one with red hair and the other blonde- Holy crap. It couldn't of been- Ari felt really over welmed with discovery or lie. She really hopped it was a lie and fainted.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Where's Ari? Katy wondered. She'd been gone for a little too long. She walked out, to find Ari laying on the dock by the rope. She ran over to Ari.
"Ari?? Ari wake up!" She called her dad out, and he helped her carry the younger girl inside. Ari groaned and her eyelids fluttered.
"Hey, Ari girl, what happend?" Asked Dad.
"I don't know," she muttered, "I was securing the rope, then, there was something else.... But I don't remember what it was." Katy exhaled a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Ari was alright, and so was she. She had more important things to think about than that right now, though. Like, what was she going to get Ari for her birthday. She had some friends who fixed up cars, and one who had a convertible, that Katy had the parts for...
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Ari laid in bed trying to remember what she saw before she fainted. But, the more she tried the more tired out she became. Soon Ari just gave up. If she did remember it she would and if not, it must of been not that important. Soon, her family would be planning for her 15th birthday! Oh she just couldn't wait for it. Soon she would be learning how to drive and get her own credit card! Oh growing up could be so much fun.

Her mother brought in some soup for her to eat and told her when she finished she needed to get some shut eye. Which Ari happily did.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:57 pm

"Yeah, I have the car you're after. The convertible, right?" Katy's friend said.
"Yeah. What's it missing?" Asked Katy. She would pay anything for it. It was perfect, all baby blue, the roof open.
"A muffler, and it needs a couple new tires, and an oil change."
Perfect. Katy sighed in relief. She had enough for that. Tired and an oil change were cheap. And her parents had an old car they never used, so she could just use that. Now she just needed the car itself.
"Alright. How much for the car?" Katy dreaded the answer.
"You've helped me out of a lot of tight spots. And your little sister is adorable, I love that girl. You can have the car."
"Ohmygod, I love you right now!" She gave her friend a huge hug, and kissed him on the cheek. She was so happy. And Ari would be too.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Ari had to rest for the next few weeks due to her getting sicker. Which wasn't a good sign. However, the doctors were doing everything they could to help her out. The day of her birthday she was able to get up and move around which she was extremely happy about. Today she turned 15. Finally, she could learn how to drive and everything!

The house was quiet when she left her room for the kitchen. Once she turned on the lights in the kitchen, everyone jumped out and yelled
"Surprise!"

Ari grinned, "Thank you!" She said before sitting down at the table in front of a large stack of blue berry pancakes.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Katy watched her sister practically swallow her pancakes whole, and laughed.
"Not so fast! You'll choke." Ari just grinned at her older sister, and continued to devour the pancakes. Katy's birthday had gone well yesterday, she was finally sixteen. Sweet sixteen. She'd had her friends over, all the ones who helped her fix her bike. It was also the year anniversary of her becoming a mermaid. Tonight, maybe, or tomorrow, Katy would go swimming with Ari. She knew Ari didn't like to swim, but she would if Katy really wanted her too.
"Sooo, where are my presents?" Ari interrupted Katy's thoughts. They all laughed at her, and dropped the neatly wrapped gifts on the table. Ari's friends gathered around, and watched her light up as she opened her gifts.

"Katy? Where's yours?" aksed Ari.
"Well, I can't say. Come outside with me for a minute?" Katy felt bad at the slightly disappointed look on Ari's face. She wasn't selfish, but it was her birthday, and that was huge to Ari.
Earlier, though, when Ari was inside with everyone else, Katy had parked the newly fixed convertible on the curb. She placed the card on the front, promising a ride to the liscense place near by, to get her liscense.
Ari walked out onto the dock, and saw the car, the sun glinting off the baby blue car.
"OHMYGOD, Katy, tell me that's mine." Ari's eyes were huge, as she covered her mouth to cough.
"Yes, it's yours. All yours." Katy grinned. She knew she got it right. Ari squeeled, and moved to lay on the hood of the car.
"It's my baby, she's mine all mine, she's my baby."
"Happy birthday Ari."
"I love you Katy!" Ari's smile was huge. They went back inside, as Katy thought more about Ari learning about being a mermaid. She suddenly remembered how much she had panicked when she first learned. The feeling was so unique, it had terrified her.
Tomorrow, she thought, tomorrow she'd take Ari swimming. Better let her enjoy the day.

(Not my best work. It wasn't coming like it should.)
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 pm

(it's perfectly fine.)

Ari enjoyed cake made by her mother and her dad let her take over the TV for the night. Which meant she could watch whatever she wanted. But, that wasn't what her focus was on instead it was on how dehydrated she felt. That's weird because she always drank a glass of water before bed.

Outside the moon shined and left a moonbeam on top of the still water. Underneath everyone was getting ready. Soon Katherine would return with her sister Arianna. Everything had to be ready for Arianna would be new to all of this. New mermaids usually took awhile to get use to the change.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Tonight, thought Katy, Tonight i'll take Katy into the water, and she'll learn who she really is. There were just a few more hours left before night time. Katy paced her room, wringing her hands. Her Dad had been there for her, and she'd be there for Ari. Their mom didn't know, though, and her dad hadn't explained why.
"Hey Ari!" she called, "What're you up to tonight?"
"Umm, sleeping? but I'm assuming you have a different plan." Ari called from the other room.
"Yeah, it's supposed to be really warm. Will you go swimming with me tonight?" Katy asked, walking into the room where Ari sat.
Ari made a face, but nodded. "Alright, but don't expect me to do a whole lot of swimming."
Katy grinned. "No problem."

That night, they went out on the deck of their houseboat, and looked around.
"It's so beautiful at night." Katy sighed. Ari nodded beside her, silently agreeing. Katy noticed Ari watching the full moon above, and smiled. She remembered the pull, on her first night. She never took her eyes off the moon.
"Alright, you go first, I'll be right behind you." Katy said.
"Alright." Ari jumped up on the rail, and started down the ladder. When she was halfway down, Katy joined her on the ladder. Below her, she heard Ari drop into the water.
Three... Two... One...
Below her, Ari screamed.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 pm

[i][b][u](Emily!! Are you going to reply to this one?)
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Everything had happened too quickly for Ari to understand what had happened. Then the tingly feeling came and passed and bam! Her legs were gone and ta-da a tail formed instead. She couldn't be those freaks she heard in those stories. This had to be a dream. One terrible dream. Wake up Ari. WAKE UP. She even closed her eyes and pinched her self but, nothing.

"It won't work Ari. It'll be okay. This isn't a bad." Katy reassured her.

"You knew didn't you?! How could you not tell me about this tail I would grow when I jumped into the water?" Ari crossed her arms.

Before Katy answered her question she jumped in growing a tail too. "Well, it happened to me too. But, it always has been there you just avoid ocean water for so long. Unlike me."

Ari looked away from her sister so she has been keeping something from her all this time,"That would explain the gifts you always get me. You were waiting for this day and knew I would have to find out. Now I know the truth. You are full of shit Katherine! You don't lie to the people you love!" Ari hissed before swimming away furiously. Which surprised herself because for a merma-monster she swam fast.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum